How do some people enter events early?

Mach5Mk5

I clicked the link for event 1 for fall to see when registration opens, and I noticed there are 49 competition entries already. How are so many people registered early when registration doesn't open until Sept. 6? Are all of them involved in running the event, giving priority for registration? https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/39E0E2E3-033A-08A6-5CDCFAB4EEDC8576

Edited by Mach5Mk5

On 8/24/2023 at 11:57 AM, Mach5Mk5 said:

Thanks Sid! I figured that might be the case, but didn't know if that was everyone. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some early registration list I was missing. 🙂

You are missing out... on a great opportunity to volunteer your time and get on that list. Talk to the Chief's see where there is an opening. 

On 8/30/2023 at 10:51 PM, Zuko305 said:

You are missing out... on a great opportunity to volunteer your time and get on that list. Talk to the Chief's see where there is an opening. 

Forgot to respond to this sooner, sorry! I don't know if I'm the best choice, since I'm not always at every event. I have to miss the October one this year, for example (though I make as many as I can), and I'll be moving out of state within the next year or two most likely. I don't want to be an unreliable inconvenience for helping volunteer in a position like that, unless there are others who also don't make every event.

On 9/6/2023 at 4:27 PM, Mach5Mk5 said:

Forgot to respond to this sooner, sorry! I don't know if I'm the best choice, since I'm not always at every event. I have to miss the October one this year, for example (though I make as many as I can), and I'll be moving out of state within the next year or two most likely. I don't want to be an unreliable inconvenience for helping volunteer in a position like that, unless there are others who also don't make every event.

Not everyone on the teams are able to make every single event, although most do, so come and find a Chief and talk about your availability.

• Like 1