Tucson April 27 and 28th Videos

David 2

Here is my best TO run at 37.280 on 4/28/24.  It felt very sloppy and had a lot of turn-in and mid corner understeer all day.  It might have been my worn tires.  I changed pressure and it helped but still had a lot of understeer.  Maybe it was the lower grip in Tucson vs Phoenix and I should have softened my front bar or firmed up my rear shocks.  Either way, the car did pretty good though there were plenty of spots to clean things up.  From the video I can see that I am still not looking ahead enough, still late on power, not trail braking enough, not smooth enough, etc. etc.  Having video with data is proving to be helpful in seeing and understanding my driving flaws.  If you see anything I should take a look at or think about, please let me know as I don't know what I don't know!!

Edited by David 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, smeyers said:

I suggest the course design created some very challenging spots that "encouraged" under-steer.😉 The last minute change to the finish added to that. It wasn't your tires, Dave......😂

Wise words Scott.  Thank you.  

In my humble opinion, car balance during any given maneuver is a function of car setup + driving style + surface conditions. The actual shape of the driven line rarely impacts this, and usually only when a different line encounters different surface conditions.

• Like 1