June 25 Autocross registration opens TODAY. Non-SCCA members will see higher entree fee.

yushikaneda

Registration for AZBR autocross on June 25 at Kino Sports Complex opens at 7PM tonight at https://registration.azbrscca.org!!
It will close at 7PM on Friday, June 23 so don’t forget to register!!!
See you all soon!!

** A note to non-SCCA members:
Per revised SCCA policy on weekend membership, we are increasing entry fee for non-SCCA members by $5. Entry fee for non-members is now $15 higher than the fee for members.
You will see the updated entry fee at the registration for the next event.
If you are a repeater to autocross events as we hope you are, it might make sense for you to become a member of SCCA. You can do it at https://www.scca.com.😊
Edited by yushikaneda

Well, I registered, but took me a while to figure out what you did to Paypal. Somehow it sent me a link to download an App, instead of just taking me to the Paypal site as before.

Anyway, I figured out a workaround to get back to just doing it online. Did you guys do this on purpose? Or by accident?

2 hours ago, yushikaneda said:

Scott, are you doing it on a phone?  iOS/Android?

I suppose you did not have PayPal app installed on your phone (or tablet for that matter.)

Yushi

I always enter on my computer, and clicked the same button as before. The was texted a link to add the App on my computer.🫤🤔

Always before it took me to the PP website. How to pay was also very different. Lots of choices that were made earlier and differently before.

FYI…..

Scott, when I signed up, the website took me directly to PayPal to pay just like last month.  It was from my PC.  It worked just as you described as the normal process.  I did not have to add a new PayPal app.

That was about 7:05 pm last night.

Edited by David 2

1 hour ago, smeyers said:

a link to add the App on my computer.🫤🤔

Always before it took me to the PP website. How to pay was also very different. Lots of choices that were made earlier and differently before.

FYI…..

What's the OS/platform????  Windows 7/10/11?  Linux of some flavor?  What browser do you use?

I know it worked on my macOS (Monterey) and Safari.

Thanks David.  I am glad the platform with the largest population (still the case, right?) is not seeing an issue.

Scott, that's interesting.  I never had issue with Safari, although I am on Monterey, not the latest (Ventura).

There were some incidents in which people with PayPal app installed on the phone could not pay.  We're looking into what is going on.  

Your case is new (at least to me).  What did you do to "workaround"?  

Pop-up blocker may have an issue.  I seem to recall PayPal opens in a new tab in Safari.  Next time can you temporarily disable the pop-up blocker when it happens again?

Just tested Chrome and Firefox on MacOS Ventura 13.4. The payment links take me to a PayPal website as normal.

I've heard people having problems with the PayPal buttons on mobile. My guess is PayPal is seeing that your device is mobile, and responding with an HTTP redirect to the appropriate app store. I don't have any control over this.

It's possible if you install an extension for your desktop browser that the headers are modified and PayPal gets confused, then chooses the above (mobile) behavior.

• Like 1

I’ll test again next month. I’m betting on the pop-up blocker confusing the flow of the system. Opening in a different window isn’t really a pop-up, but in the electronic world maybe it was.

I’m good for now. Sorry for the confusion.😎

• Like 1

Hey y'all,

Wanted to get involved in autocross for the first time, haven't ever participated in the past. Was wondering if there were guidelines/FAQs for first timers? Am I able to show up just to observe/ride-along? I have a camera and a insta360, so maybe I could add some value :D

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post!

On 6/22/2023 at 9:22 PM, smeyers said:

An account for each driver. My wife and I have separate accounts.

thank you Scott.  

The minor waiver says it is signed by the event organizer or notary.  Does it have to be notarized?  

thank you very much.  

JM