Travel to Nationals

In the past some people from CA and AZ would get together and hire a truck to carrier several cars both ways.   I think someone from the CA region organized it, but don't remember who now.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jw1 said:

In the past some people from CA and AZ would get together and hire a truck to carrier several cars both ways.   I think someone from the CA region organized it, but don't remember who now.

I think it was either Tom Kammann or Richard Jung, and if it wasn't either of those two, they'll know who because they had there cars transported to Lincoln.

10 hours ago, Nokones said:

I think it was either Tom Kammann or Richard Jung, and if it wasn't either of those two, they'll know who because they had there cars transported to Lincoln.

10 hours ago, Nokones said:

Thank you.  

I've seen some smaller scale professional transporters hauling 1-3 cars on the interstate. That might be an easier option compared to finding 7-8 others willing to go in on the transporter, but I expect it is probably more expensive than the large hauler split 7-8 ways, which is itself more expensive than towing yourself out there, which is more expensive than street driving yourself out there.

Cal club stopped with the transporter because too many people eventually started getting their own tow vehicles and trailers, so they couldn't find enough people to make it economical. For the recent Crows Landing Tour, I count roughly 12 drivers from AZ who towed, vs 4 who self drove, and one I'm not sure of but I think he towed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1