Who's going to the Vegas national events?

Todd A

Both Tours and especially Pros are super fun, I recommend going to both of you can. There are about 20 - 25 PASR / AZBR folks signed up so far. 

Hotel wise, you want to stay on the north side of town, look for references related the the speedway.  However, I found that rates were pretty high and availability seemed a little tight, so book now if you can and cancel later if you need to.  The site isn’t really that far from downtown if that’s of interest to you.

Regarding flying home, if you can get a cheap flight and cheap parking, go for it.   Personally, I found Vegas to be an easy drive and not worth the expense of flying and I’m not sure how much time you’d save when you add in travel to and from the airport plus leaving time to check in.  

Do you basically have to drive out on thursday and be ready to go on friday? That could be difficult for me.  Are we done on sunday in time to get home that night?

4 hours ago, RonB said:

Regarding flying home, if you can get a cheap flight and cheap parking, go for it.   Personally, I found Vegas to be an easy drive and not worth the expense of flying and I’m not sure how much time you’d save when you add in travel to and from the airport plus leaving time to check in.  

Once you consider that the full cost of driving is about $1 per mile, flying is usually the answer.  But to each their own. Its a nice drive if you have the time.

No need to leave on Thursday. I’ll be leaving early Friday morning, that’s plenty of time.  If you want to the practice course (Tour) or practice starts (Pro), you’ll want to get in by early to mid afternoon.  Registration and tech happen late in the afternoon and course walks around dinner time / next morning. For either event, you can easily get home Sunday night.  

3 hours ago, Todd A said:

There must be an event in town the same weekend as prosolo, as everything was expensive.  I snagged a kayak deal at the Four Queens on Fremont st.  Should be very vegas lol.

FSE is definitely an experience…an eclectic crowd for sure. Ask for a room away from Fremont St. as the music doesn’t subside until wee early morning hours and a room facing Fremont may not yield the best nights sleep.